Sunday, February 14, 2016

Dry Wells


Luke 3:14

“Soldiers

also

asked him,

'And we, what shall we do?'

And he said to them,

'Do not

extort money from

anyone

by threats or by false accusation,

and be content with your wages.'”



“they also asked” I find it wonderful that they asked, they desired to know what was good to do. Then John says “do not” we can sum up all he says in do not do evil. But he doesn't just leave it at that he tells them how. “be content with your wages.” a heart of discontentment is one full of desire, the problem is when we try to fulfill those desires the wrong way. For the tax collectors and soldiers it was money and the comfort it can buy, But whatever they had was not enough because here they were listening to a man named John asking what they should do. I definitely have done this, and the sad part is, how easy it is to just return to those things, and even sadder to find that it leaves me feeling emptier than before. The only thing that gives contentment is God's love. That is the only way to find satisfaction because it is the only thing that does not run out, that we cannot find the end of. God is infinite so it is with His love.



Application

stop returning to those dry wells and go to God and let Him cover me with His love.



How?

Today when I am tempted, I will quote to myself a verse or song that reminds me of His love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment